Welcome

This site is built by a fan for fans! I intend to keep as much information here about Brawn GP as I can find.

Keep popping back for more info, and post on any of the blogs.

If you would like to see anything different or leave feedback drop me an email via the KontactR Form.

Tuesday 17 March 2009

FIA, Brawn GP, Ferrari, Mercedes, McLaren, Force India and Torro Rosso.....

Bit more than a love/hate triangle.

It has been bought to my attention by one of our rather astute fans (John Phillips) regarding a comment made by our friend Max Moseley.

"The current rule limiting manufactures to supplying engines to one additional team will remain in place."

Now this obviously brings in a problem for Brawn as we are the 3rd team to be supplied by Mercedes. I have since gone to the regulations to check and this is indeed the case:

"A major car manufacturer may not directly or indirectly supply engines for more than 2 teams with 2 cars each without consent of the FIA."

Before you all pipe up, I had already thought about this situation and think back to last season when Ferrari supplied theirselves, Force India and Torro Rosso. Now behind the scenes this must be why Vijay made the switch to Mercedes this year as Ferrari decided to back Torro Rosso. With Mercedes already supplying McLaren and Force India I assume that Ross has cleared the Merc engines with the FIA for this year. I assume that this is a 1 year thing whereby the next year only 2 teams are allowed the supply. So that means Brawn either need to secure new engines for 2010 or out perform Force India to continue with Mercedes. Make of it what you will.....

What are your thoughts?

Live Traffic Feed

I would just like to thanks Adam Guppy for the new banner we have been using for the past few days.

Should anyone else have any contributions towards the site please contact me via the KontactR form.

Blog Archive

About Me

I have been an F1 fan from a very early age, however in my very early years I didn't really support a team just loved the racing. Since the BAR years I have been supporting this team through it's highs and lows. I'm confident under Ross Brawn's control the team will go from strength to strength and hopefully Jenson and Rubens can find themselves in a competitive car once more.

Stats

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP